Municipal Agent for the Elderly/Social Services
Municipal Agent for the Elderly is appointed by Town under state law to represent interests of senior citizens. Assists seniors and their families by providing information on and referrals to public and private local, state andfederal agencies, organizations and institutions and by helping seniors apply for benefits.
263 Church St., Guilford, CT 06437
203-453-8009 • Fax: 203-453-8406
Hours: Mon.-Fri., 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Municipal Agent for the Elderly/Social Services Director • Tammy DeFrancesco
Senior Citizens Program of Guilford Parks, Recreation, and Seniors
32 Church St.
Guilford, CT 06437 • 203-453-8086
Seniors Program Coordinator • Terry Holland-Buckley
Meals: breakfast, Mon.-Fri., 8:00 a.m.-10 a.m.; lunch, Mon.-Tues. & Thurs.-Fri.
(must be reserved by 9 a.m.)
Cost: $3.25 or $4.25. (Special meals may be more.)
Guilford Interfaith Volunteers
310 State St., Unit 200
Guilford, CT 06437
Meals on Wheels
Meals delivered Mon.-Fri. around 11 a.m. Weekend meals also delivered Fri. Sliding scale: $4 or less.
• Friendly Visiting is an outreach program carefully matching volunteers with homebound or isolated people.
• Charlie’s Closet accepts donations of used medical equipment, cleans and checks equipment for safety, then provides it to people in the community for $1 each item.
• Guilford Food Bank, is an emergency food pantry available to Guilford residents in need. Voucher to use Food Bank should be obtained at Guilford Social Services. Food collection Fri., 9:00 a.m.-noon. Distribution done Fri., 3:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m. and Sat., 9:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. at 45 Stone House Lane.
Shoreline Institute of Lifelong Learning
Diverse slate of academic programs taught (in daytime) by experts at college level. Modest fees.
Senior Bus is operated in cooperation with Guilford Senior Citizens Program • 203-453-8086
Provides transportation as follows:
• For banking, hair care and grocery shopping within Guilford. For medical purposes, in Guilford and surrounding towns. Reservations required 48 hrs. in advance.
• For wheelchair transportation in or out of Guilford: Reservations required 48 hrs. in advance. Wheelchair passengers must be accompanied by aide.
Greater New Haven Transit District/My Ride programs
840 Sherman Ave., Hamden, CT 06514
203-288-6282 • Fax: 203-288-7471
To cancel, change, confirm, or reserve ride: 203-288-6643. Call District for details of requirements, times,
Complementary Paratransit Service Under Americans With Disabilities Act provides door-to-door transportation within 3/4 mi. of public fixed route bus service in certain towns and cities to any certified individual unable to use fixed route service because of permanent or temporary disability.
Supportive Services for Families and Caregivers
Contact Municipal Agent for the Elderly/Social Services Director at 203-453-8009 or Seniors Program Coordinator at 203-453-8086 for information.
Tax Relief and Similar Programs
Assessor’s Office in Town Hall administers tax exemptions for
eligible elderly, disabled and veterans.
Assessor • Edmund Corapinsk
Municipal Agent for the Elderly/Social Services Director also provides information on and application assistance for these programs.
8 Meeting House Lane
Madison, CT 06443
Judge • Hon. Peter C. Barrett